Saturday, October 27, 2007

The Downside of the Job!!

Well I've found it hard to update over the last 2 weeks as I was on a horrible downswing..... I was ready to make the move to 2/4nl permanently as planned last monday morning ahead of schedule...... on friday night I hit the magic 10k bankroll mark that I had set myself for the move.... and by Monday Morning I had halved my bankroll!!! had a few really horrible sessions.. one particular one was where I got AA 8 times and lost my full stack 7 times in the space of about 2 hours... I really didn't know how to deal with it.... on each occassion I had the chance to "get away" from the hand but failed/refused on each occassion being right about half the time... The action went very similar in each hand. I would raise PF and c-bet the flop and they would min raise me..... min raise used to mean a set but now it can mean anything including a set... on 3 occassions they had a set. on 2 occassions they had top pair and on the other two they had an overpair to the board..... and they managed to get there each time by the river...
and the ammount of KK vs AA hannd I had were unbelieveable...

but the bad variance led to bad play and I think I was becoming the fish... I asked for a little help on boards and as usual the advice was spot on whether I liked it or not....

So I've moved down levels and have had a very very good week running at 20bb/100 and have managed to undo a lot of the damage done last weekend.... I have a new SN since I moved networks this week... and have secured a very very good rakeback deal which should improve things greatly... but more importantly I'm back playing good poker again....

update during the week

3 comments:

rag2gar said...

I seem to always get AA on a non-threathning board when someone else hits a set. Why is that so?

Undercoverblogger said...

Good work getting things back on track Mac!

I think you should consider a daily stop loss or something if you feel the tilt monster rising.

I know that a lot of the hands were coolers but it's only natural to play bad after that sort of run.

Take care

Olly

Mellor said...

Not a nice way to be welcomed to 2/4. I seam to be running red hot or ice cold on cash lately. Although I don't get close to as many hands as you, i'd imagine anyway, and im still micro in my mission to grind $50 into a real roll

Hope you hit 2/4 soon, and keep the blog up, interesting reading